Flow restaurant gives us easy-to-make, fresh, and healthy salad recipes that can be on your table in no time!
Roasted pumpkin, wild rice & mung bean salad
- Leaves curry-2gm
- Coconut desiccated-20gm
- Pumpkin butternut squash fresh organic-1500gm
- Salt iodized-6gm
- Pepper white powder -5gm
- Coriander leaves -50gm
- Sunflower seed -50gm
- Pumpkin seed -50gm
- Celery green stick-100gm
- Flax seed brown organic-75gm
- Cumin seed -10gm
- Golden raisin -50gm
- Mung beans green organic-1000gm
- Wild rice bio organic-400gm
- Lemon -180gm
- Olive oil extra virgin -280ml
- Maple syrup organic-20ml
- Mustard Dijon-10ml
- Coconut oil extra virgin organic-100ml
In a blender add the mustard, maple syrup, lemon juice blend until smooth for 1 minute then add the coconut oil very slowly, then the olive oil again very slowly, adjust with little seasoning.
- Wash and cook the mung beans on slow heat with the curry leaves until they open. Allow to cool in blast chiller.
- Wash the wild rice in cold water then cook in boiling water for 20-25 minutes on a medium heat. Strain the rice then cool it and leave to chill.
- Peel and wash the celery before chopping it into little cubes.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, desiccated coconut and flax seeds on a medicum heat until golden brown.
- Toast the cumin seeds and crush.
- Wash and chop the coriander finely.
- Soak golden raisins in warm water for 30 minutes and then strain.
- Peel, chop and roast the pumpkin with a little olive oil and season in the oven on 175 for 10-12 minutes, turning the pieces over half way through.
- Mix everything together in bowl and serve with dressing on side.
Spiced roasted carrot & quinoa salad
- Red onion unpeeled fresh-200gm
- Parsley flat fresh-15gm
- Cucumber fresh -300gm
- Carrot orange fresh-2000gm
- Quinoa red grains -200gm
- Quinoa white grains -200gm
- Quinoa black grains-200gm
- Walnuts halves peeled-100gm
- Flax seeds brown organic-100gm
- Cranberry dried-50gm
Spices for carrot
- Paprika powder -2gm
- Cinnamon powder -2gm
- Cumin powder -3gm
- Pepper Cayenne -1gm
- Cloves powder-2gm
- Olive oil extra virgin-50ml
- Turmeric powder -1gm
- Salt iodized-1gm
- Pepper black whole-1gm
- Olive oil extra virgin -150ml
- Lemon fresh -120gm
- Stevia sweetener, dry powder -50gm
- Coriander fresh -500ml
- Mustard Dijon -50gm
- Salt iodized -2gm
In a blender add the mustard, stevia sweetener, lemon juice blend until smooth for 1 minute then add the olive oil very slowly, until smooth, add in coriander blitz for 1 minute adjust with little seasoning.
Wash & cook the quinoa in hot boiling water for 15-20 minutes, cool, chill
Peel the cucumber and chop into dice
Wash the parsley & chop
Roast walnuts in oven until toasted
Peel, dice red onion into small dice
Soak cranberries in warm water for 30 minutes, strain.
Toast flax seeds until golden brown
Cut the carrot into large dice, cover the carrots with Middle Eastern spices as above and roast in oven on 175 for 10-12 minutes
Mix all together, serve and put dressing on side
Source: Flow Restaurant – https://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/jumeirah-emirates-towers/restaurants_bars/flow/