The Koren Specific Technique (KST) is a relatively newer method of Chiropractic care; a unique system of analysis that uses the method of creating changes in the body to help the body correct itself.
WHAT IS IT?
Koren Specific Technique (KST) is a form of chiropractic adjustment developed by Chiropractor Tedd Koren in late 2003 after a great deal of research and clinical experimentation. The technique allows patients to be analysed thoroughly with adjustments that hold better and for longer periods of time. KST is a unique, breakthrough approach to patient care that does not involve twisting, turning, ‘cracking’ or ‘popping’ of joints. It is a therapy that gently corrects the spine and nervous system. Most patients notice dramatic changes after their first visit. KST permits us to quickly and easily check and correct the body for both physical and emotional misalignments using a technique called the ‘occipital drop’.
This assessment strategy is akin to applied kinesiology (AK) wherein a muscle will become weak when challenged with a negative impulse. The base of the skull is used as a yes/ no device and allows the practitioner to ask binary questions to help narrow in on the most important priority for the patient’s adjustment.
A KST ADJUSTMENT INVOLVES THE ‘3 CS’:
1) CHALLENGE – This is the first step of the analysis procedure where, in a relatively short period of time, the entire structural system (including organs, emotions, allergies etc.) can be checked. This gives us a baseline of misalignments within the body to continue working on, during the rest of the adjustment.
2) CHECK – Once this baseline of misalignments has been established, the practitioner ‘checks’ each relevant body part to see if it is in its proper position based on information obtained from the occipital drop.
BENEFITS OF KST:
1. RELIEVES PAIN AND DISCOMFORT.
2. INCREASES MOBILITY.
3. HELPS LEVERAGE THE OVERALL HEALING PROCESS.
4. RELIEVES PAIN ASSOCIATED WITH PREGNANCY.
5. LOCATES AND RELEASES ANXIETY.
6. ITS EFFECTS ARE IMMEDIATE.
CURRENTLY KST IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE CHIRON CLINIC. LOCATION: BLOCK E-1, SUSTAINABLE CITY DUBAI
3) CORRECT – If the body part is not in the correct location, an adjustment is needed in that area in order to ‘correct’ the misalignment. Adjustments are performed using the Arthrostim machine which is an FDA approved instrument that introduces energy/ force/information to the body to realign segments and removes nerve pressure.
KST can be practiced on your discs, hips, shoulders, knees, feet, hands and pretty much everywhere. Being very gentle, yet very powerful, KST helps with addressing physical and emotional stresses, which is an essential aspect of your journey towards optimum health and wellness by releasing toxicity.
WHY IS KST HELPFUL?
KST is remarkable in its ability to correct the priority that your body is presenting at the time. You may not even be aware of a subluxation present in your body that is contributing to the actual pain you may have come in for! Not only is KST extremely effective in treating physical pain and structural misalignments, but it is truly powerful in the realm of mental emotional blockages and previous traumas. KST combines both physical and emotional approaches to healing the body using your body’s nervous system to guide the practitioner in evaluating your body’s current priority for alignments. This often results in profound changes to better one’s health and overall wellbeing.
DR. LANALLE DUNN Originally from Canada, Dr. Lanalle has over 16 years of clinical experience in Naturopathic & Functional medicine. She also specializes in KST(Koren Specific Technique), and NAET(Allergy Elimination). Dr. Lanalle is committed to pioneering “Sustainable Medicine” in the UAE, bringing the highest standard of Integrative care to the region. She is also dedicated to the healing of the whole human being, bringing consciousness to the ways in which we as individuals live, think and feel. Dr. Lanalle treats a range of family medical issues and specializes in hormonal complaints (both men & women, including fertility), child health and development (including autism), digestive issues, allergies, spinal health and mental health (including depression and anxiety), and oncology.
Contact The Chiron Clinic: +971 4 2338500 | www.thechironclinic.com