We live in a diet-obsessed culture. Every day we see a new kind of diet making headlines and claiming to be the best and the most effective one to help in weight loss leaving us confused about the best way to shed those extra kilos. Is there a tried-and-tested plan that really works? Yes, says Dr. Chandy George, the specialist Ayurveda doctor at Balance Wellbeing who adds that according to Ayurveda, as you move into a state of perfect health excess weight naturally melts away. The following Ayurvedic guidelines will help you to shed excess weight and feel amazing.
- Food recommendations for weight loss, is not about taking the fats and complex proteins out of the food we have. An Ayurvedic approach to weight loss is to activate the sluggish fat metabolism in the body by regulated intake of foods. When the fat metabolism is activated, in the long run accumulation of fat in the body will be minimal.
According to the body type the food differs; if the person is kapha body type food will be different as these people tend to gain weight soon and have a very sluggish fat metabolism.
Vata body type people will normally have a thin body so food regulation will be minimal.
Pita body type has a very good digestive power. So, foods will be digested completely. So, it is advisable to have a diet plan with less don’ts so that the diet plan can be continued till we attain the target.
2. Don’t skip any time meal.
3. 3 to 5 meals can be taken in a regulated quantity according to your body type.
4. Have enough water according to your body weight. Normally 1 litre of water is needed for every 25 kg of your body weight in a day.
5. Try to avoid exercises on an empty stomach. Exercise 30 minutes after the meal, so that the fat metabolism will be faster.
6. Customize your exercises according to your body’s need. This will help in reaching the goals faster.
7. Avoid day time sleep. A 15 to 20-minute nap is good during the day time.
8. There should be a gap of at least 90 minutes between dinner and sleep so that the digestion will not get sluggish.
9. Maintain the Biological clock in the body, which means, 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night. Avoid overlapping day time with night and vice versa. This will make the brain confused which results in slow body activity.
10. Our body needs all types of food. So, avoid stopping a particular food for weight loss. Instead, reduce the quantity.